"12 Days of Jesus" Devotional and Christmas Worship Playlist
We've created a Christmas Worship Playlist and a Christmas Devotional for you.
The Christmas Worship Playlist is a compilation of songs that speak to the heart of the Christmas story. These are newer versions of familiar carols, festive and fun, that we hope will bring joy, and a real sense of worship.
Here's the link to the worship playlist. It will take you to Spotify, where you can create an account if you don't already have one - it's free and easy to do!
The Christmas Devotional, "The Twelve days of Jesus," includes 12 short scripture readings, with reflection questions and prayer suggestions. These are simple, but powerful, passages that reveal who Jesus is and what he came to do.
You can do all of them, some of them, or one of them. Do them every few days, at your leisure, or however it works for you. Do them with your kids, your spouse, your small group, or anyone.
There is a printable version here, or you can use the links to the Bible verses below.
Day 1: Read Galatians 4:4-6
- Why did God send Jesus?
- What does it mean to be “adopted” by God?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for making me a child of God.
Day 2: Read Luke 8:22-25
- What do Jesus’ actions show us about who He is?
- How might God’s power impact your current situation?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, help me to trust in your control over all things.
Day 3: Read 1 Timothy 1:15-17
- What are some sins that I need forgiveness for?
- Describe how you feel when you consider God’s “mercy”?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner. Thank you for forgiving me.
Day 4: Read Luke 2:10-14
- Why do the angels sing such a joyful song of praise?
- How has Jesus added great joy to your life?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, I give you the glory for being such a good and awesome God.
Day 5: Read 1 Peter 1:3-6
- What is special about the hope we have in Jesus?
- How might this hope change the way you view your struggles?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for giving me hope in something that will never fade.
Day 6: Read Mark 2:13-17
- What kind of people did Jesus come to save?
- How does this impact the way you view yourself? The way you view others?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, help me to follow your example in loving others.
Day 7: Read Romans 8:37-39
- What are some things that make you feel separated from God?
- How are we “conquerors” through Jesus?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for loving me no matter what.
Day 8: Read Matthew 14:13-20
- Why does Jesus feed the 5,000 (hint: see vs. 14)?
- How do Jesus’ compassion AND ability to provide make you feel?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, help me to remember your compassion for my needs and the needs of others.
Day 9: Read John 10:11-18
- In what ways is Jesus like a shepherd?
- What is the difference between a good shepherd and a hired hand?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for caring for me and being my shepherd.
Day 10: Read Romans 5:6-8
- Why did Jesus come into the world?
- How is Jesus the ultimate demonstration of love?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for doing what I can’t do for myself.
Day 11: Read 1 John 4:7-12
- What should we do in response to God’s love for us?
- How can I show God’s love this week?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, show me people in my life who need to experience your love.
Day 12: Read Matthew 28:16-20
- How do we live in obedience to Jesus’ command?
- What does it mean to be a disciple?
Prayer Idea: Jesus, thank you for empowering me to be a part of your mission. Help me to become a “disciple-maker.”